Sonogage, Inc. was founded in 1985, to provide state-of-the-art ultrasonic instrumentation at economical prices. Sonogage has pioneered instrumentation and has revolutionized ultrasonic pachometry. Sonogage technological advances include:
- Measurement of the Speed of Sound in human cornea—1636 m/sec. This value was adopted as the standard.
- Introduced the first completely solid tip probe for use with ultrasound measuring instrumentation
- Introduced state-of-the-art electronics for providing the smallest acceptance angle (5%) in the industry.
- Introduced the first continuous read feature in ultrasonic instrumentation.
- Introduced the first 50 MHz transducer for the measurement of corneal thickness, stromal beds, lamella flaps and corneal epithelium.
- In conjunction with J.C. Casebeer, M.D., and Chiron developed the Casebeer System Plus™ for refractive surgery. This includes the Corneo-Gage™ ultrasonic pachometer continuous-read feature enabling enhanced reading reproduction and accuracy.